Hometown Showdown Rules
MY 1043 HOMETOWN SHOWDOWN RULES 2013:
- Amateur acts only. (No professionals/working performers: “professional” meaning no recording contracts or signing with a record label)
- “Amateur status” is deemed so by My1043 and judges’ discretion.
- Group acts limited to five members.
- Acts must be no longer than 4 minutes (with 2 minute set-up)
- Acts must provide recorded music of good quality (if needed). CD’s mandatory if music is used in act.
- Acts will be voted on by the audience and by a panel of judges with 2, $500.00 prizes each awarded by said entities.
- The decisions of the judges and tallied votes by the audience will be final. ABSOLUTELY NO INFORMATION will be released to anyone except concert directors. (Score sheets will not be shared with contestants or audience members)
- Winners shall remain off stage until finale where they will be asked up on stage.
- No gifts should be given to any contestants until the contest is over and contestants have left the stage.
- Central Michigan Communications, University Events, Isabella County Fair Board, volunteers or sponsors are not responsible for lost articles. Contestants shall claim music, props, costumes, etc at stage area when the contest is over.
- Contestants may compete only once unless there is a tie in audience votes.
- The show starts at 7:00 P.M. Wednesday night, July 24th 2013 at the Isabella County Fairgrounds Grandstand. Contestants should check in to the My 1043 table by 6:30 P.M. (Performance will be held at CMU’s Plachta Auditorium if rained out.)
- Music is to be turned into a University Events representative at the sound booth near the stage prior to the show.
- A panel of My 1043 judges at auditions will decide who moves on to Top 10 contestants at Showdown.
- All qualifying contestants will know if they will move on to July 24th competition by July 22nd, 2013.
- The show is limited to those who had auditioned, pre-qualified, and were chosen as contestants prior to July 24th, 2013 contest. They also must not have won Hometown Showdown competition within the past 2 years.
My 1043 and Central Michigan Communication Inc. retains the right to change any rules at any time in conjunction with all contests.